CBD OIL

CBD OIL
CBD OIL RELEAF BLEND HEMPTONICS Call:07032612543 Nigeria

Saturday 29 November 2014

Cancer killed this young mum's WHOLE family and now she's too scared to find out if she has it too

Doctors have warned Diana Barrett, 22, that she should have checks for her own sake and that of her one-year-old son Darcy
A young mother who lost her mum, dad and sister to cancer has refused tests for the disease – as she fears being handed a death sentence.
Doctors have warned Diana Barrett, 22, that she should have checks for her own sake and that of her one-year-old son Darcy.
But after losing her entire family at a young age, she says she would rather live in blissful ignorance than be told she and her boy are doomed to develop the disease.
She said: “I know people will think it’s irresponsible, but after everything that’s happened to my family I’m terrified what doctors might say. I’d rather not know.”

Diana, of Coleford, Gloucester, was just eight years old when her father Robert died from bowel cancer aged 35 in 2001.
Nine years later mum Tracey died of the same disease aged 40.
Then Diana’s sister Sherrie developed a brain tumour and died last year, aged 26.
She said: “Nothing can prepare you for losing a mother or father but I lost everyone so young.
“But I’ve kept going, and when I held Darcy in my arms for the first time I felt an overwhelming love for him. We’re a little family but we’re a happy one.”
When their dad died, Diana was comforted by older sister Sherrie, who was 13 at the time.
Family life briefly returned to happiness some years later as their mum Tracey met a new partner and had two children with him.
But in late 2007, when Diana was just 14, Tracey was diagnosed with colon cancer. She died on Mother’s Day in March 2009.
A year later there was another glimmer of happiness as Sherrie found she was pregnant at 21.
But 36 weeks into the pregnancy she started suffering severe headaches and an MRI scan revealed a brain tumour the size of a pear.
Her baby was born by emergency caesarian, healthy and weighing 7.3lbs, so Sherrie could undergo surgery.
Then Diana too fell pregnant.
She said: “I was over the moon but also terrified to bring a baby into the world in case I or the baby suffered my family’s fate.”
Newsteam / SWNS Diana Barrett with baby boy Darcy Kempton
Fears: Diana Barrett with baby boy Darcy Kempton

When Sherrie died soon after, Diana says: “I cried every day, but I had to stay strong as I had a baby who depended on me.”
Explaining her decision not to have tests, she said: “If they told me I was likely to develop cancer it’d be hard to carry on every day.
“Of course I think about it, more than ever now I’m a mother, but I can’t curl up and die, I have to keep going for the sake of my son. I cherish every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment