CBD OIL

CBD OIL
CBD OIL RELEAF BLEND HEMPTONICS Call:07032612543 Nigeria

Thursday 15 September 2016

Man abandons wife in hospital over N520,000 unpaid bill

A mother-of-seven has been abandoned by her husband at the New Mayor Hospital and Fertility Centre, Nkpor in Anambra state over the N520,000.

Mrs. Uzoamaka Onu, 39, has reportedly stayed in the hospital for four months over the non-payment of her bill.
Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria, Uzoamaka, who is a food vendor and from Okpoto community in Ishielu Local Government Area of Ebonyi, said her husband has abandoned her to her fate, as every attempt to reach him has failed.
“My husband stopped visiting the hospital after I successfully underwent a surgery on my right breast,” Uzoamaka said.
Although her husband has absconded, Uzoamaka said she did not blame him seeing as he has been through a lot since 2013 when the signs of Cancer had begun to show in her.
“My husband sells rat poison and cannot afford the money to pay the balance and I think that is why he has run away.
“I am appealing to good spirited Nigerians to come to my aid and help me to get back home.
“My problem started in 2013 when I started experiencing excruciating pain in my body, specifically in my lungs.
“I started visiting patent medicine stores for a solution, but unfortunately that compounded my problems.
“However, it was on the advice of some friends and family members that I decided to visit General Hospital, Abakiliki where I was diagnosed with breast cancer,” Uzoamaka said.
She revealed that she ended up at the New Mayor Hospital and Fertility Centre where she a successful surgery meant the outright removal of her right breast.
Uzoamaka said the total bill was N750,000 but that her family had paid N230,000, leaving the outstanding balance.
 
Confirming Uzoamaka's story, the Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Ben Ossai, described the case as pathetic.
He said her right breast had been in a terrible state and was already emitting offensive odour due to the spread of the ailment.
“We decided to perform a surgery on her to remove the affected breast.
“But for four months now, her husband has not visited and we suspected he has absconded," he said.
Ossai added that Uzoamaka has since been discharged pending the payment of the balance of her medical bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment